Monday, October 3, 2011

Is Tarzan there?

This is one of the questions my best friend asked me about Tanzania! I am going to miss her random thoughts and ideas. Who else is going to make me laugh as much as her? For that fact who is going to keep me company while everyone is quiet but we don't stop talking about random things. As for my other friends who is going to put me in my place or yell at me for doing something crazy? Who's crazy stories am I going to listen to or dance in their cars? These people can never be replaced in my life. I have so many question that I want answered now but not taking the time to find the answer doesn't allow growth in your life.

For all I know I may find Tarzan in Africa, who is to say that Tarzan wasn't in Tanzania or the country didn't inspire the story. All the animals from the jungle book are in Tanzania except the bear because I am pretty sure bears are not in Africa. But all the others are, so if I find Tarzan, I will say I am Jane! Then I will remember my best friends words and remember home. Because they will always be with me and never replaced. But for awhile Africa will be my home. A new place to have a new family and friends. A way to learn new skills, break old habits, start new habits and really become me.

I have high hopes for Africa. To me Africa is the place for healing, meeting some of my personal and professional goals, get back in shape, have a tan, impact someone, leave my mark, be remembered, have a lasting spot in my heart for Africa and the people I meet while on my journey.
  "We must leave our marks on life while we have it it in our power,"
"If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa have a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagle of the Ngong Hills look out for me? " Out of Africa

These are the things that I will be thinking about, will I create my own song of Africa and will they make a song of me or will I be forgotten like the last fall. On my last day in Africa, I hope to be able to answer these questions. I am ready for this trip to start, one week and I will be in my new home, keeping my friends and family in my heart, living with the bare necessity and finding Tarzan!

No comments:

Post a Comment