Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kerosine







A part of the peace corps is culture exchange. Tanzanians teach me how to cook, clean and wash according to their standards. In the time that I have been in Tanzania I have not learned how to make many Tanzanians food but that's because I do no like Ugali, rice or andazi. Most of there reason are do to allergies to such food or that fact I just really don't like them but my first family of Tanzania was amazing. My mama taught me to know what it meant to be part of a family, my sisters taught me to understand how to act and talk like a young women of the culture and Mi, my youngest sister taught me to smile and laugh again. In the mean time I taught them how to make cookies, cake, how to use peanut butter in food and how to rest but most of all I taught them O-H-I-O! Now being in Lushoto, my villagers are teaching me the local language, games, conversations and what is needed in the village. In the mean time I am teaching them how to play american games, use walking/hiking as enjoyment and how to make banana bread. But I made a mistake and burned myself very badly while trying to help my neighbor make bread. Warning the next pictures are kindof bad....











This is what happens when you have hot water on a Kerosine jiko and it falls on your skin! So everyone please be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment